Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Automobile cover

In article , aspasia wrote:
On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:26:36 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

In article , Higgs Boson wrote:

I have this weird idea of making an automobile cover to
protect my Nissan against the So. Calif. sun.

[...]
So I thought I would create a lightweight curved cover that
can be lifted off in one piece -- at least big enough to fit
over the roof and shade all the windows.

I would take a white bedsheet and fasten it to a pair of
curved ???? -- PVC is probably too flexible, so what should
I use? Bamboo? Or?

Forget the framework. Sew rare-earth magnets into the hem of the sheet.

Uh...why "rare-earth magnets" rather than ordinary ones?

Straight question.

*Far* higher grab-to-size and grab-to-weight ratio.

--
Regards,