Posted to rec.woodworking,alt.home.repair
Jon Jon is offline

Default Dim. of Window Screen Spline dado

Take a look at your BORG. They have several sizes of spline rubber. As far
as depth and distance from edge that will depend on the size of the splining
material you use. I use 3/16" from inside edge and that is where my dado
would be.

Jon

"Phil-in-MI" NO Spam & pam wrote in message
ink.net...
{Cross posted to alt.home.repair and rec.woodworking}

Does anyone know, or have link to, the dimensions of the dado cut for use
with fiberglass window screen and the spline that holds the screen
material in place?

Most likely will use PT pine for frame. Would like to know the depth of
cut, distance from inside edge (3/16 ?) and any other information
available.

Also if any know the largest square area of a screen which can be held in
place by a spline (wind loading) if that information is available.

Previous owners of home have created small "Florida" screened in deck off
of detached garage with roof. Great for guest to use as smoker's lounge.
Problem is window screens get damaged, and need replacing now and then.
Staple gun OK, but now have hundreds of staples in studs holding up roof.
Looking into options to make screen replacement more convenient.

Plan to use off-the-shelf products at BORG not making the grade due to
non-standard sizes.

Phil