Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] dkuhajda@locl.net is offline

Default philips 14gr1236 -- flyback keeps blowing

On Jul 20, 7:40 pm, aldo wrote:
tv was humming when it come for the first time. I cheked psuply,
capacitors, diodos , chokes near flyback, and evertything seems ok. I
checked diodes for leaking, but they tested ok.
so i replaced the flyback, it had shorted pins 1-10. the new one
at2079, lasted 1 second and blows again. Pins 1-10 shorted again. I
checked evertything again. What am i missing? I thought flyback was
defective so i try with a hr7527, but same thing. crt? socket?
any ideas!?
thanks?

You had a problem...you replaced some defective parts, but
did not identify the actual cause of the problem, you missed at least
one other defective part.

How are the parts that you replaced? Did you use the correct parts
when you replaced them? What test equipment do you have?

What do the waveforms look like when controlling the current?
What are the voltages going to the flyback?
What do you mean by blows again?
What are pins 1 and 10, primary, secondary, HV windings?

Why not post the results of standard horizontal output/flyback
troubleshooting rather than just the results of throwing the same
parts at the problem.
Some basic troubleshooting will probably save you much time and wasted
parts.