Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default water powered sump pump

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:14:49 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , "Pete C." wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

In article , "Pete C."
wrote:
mm wrote:

Almost everywhere, water pressure fails a lot less than electric power
does, and in the last 24 years here, the water has never failed when
the electric is out. They're independent of each other.

Yes, but a water powered pump is still reliant on an external power
source.

So what?? It's a source that almost never goes down.

That depends entirely on where you are. A lot of areas have 100yr+ old
infrastructure that isn't as reliable as you claim. The main thing is
not that city water is so miraculously reliable, it's the odds of both
the water and power being out at the same time and that usually only
happens under conditions where the sump pump is the least of your
concerns.

YOu're proving our point. If the sump pump is the least of our
concerns, let's not consider those times. So that means according to
you, we're not considering most of the times the water and power are
out at the same time. That's what we want, the water to be working
when the electric power is off.

Water pressure is *far* more reliable than electric service in most places,
whether you know it or not.

Not in any of the places I've lived or the areas adjacent to them.

I would hope that the people considering buying a water powered sump
pump know if they live in an area like that. They should know when
they open the faucet and water doesn't come out.