Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Crimp-and-tape vs. wirenuts -- for hots?

In article , "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
I am redoing some wiring in our house that involves breaking and
remaking some original connections

[...]

Should I use wirenuts for the reconnections? Crimps and tape take up
less room.

Wire nuts are perfectly fine; crimps aren't unless they're made properly, and
- no offense intended - asking the question shows that you don't know how to
make them properly.

And, while I think of it, is it OK to have circuits fed from different
breakers in the same box (e.g., outlet and light switch)? One could
assume that since the one circuit is dead (switched off at the panel),
the other is too.

It's "OK" in the sense that it is permitted by the NEC, although in my opinion
it should not be -- for exactly the reason you cite. It would be a good idea
to write a warning with a Sharpie on the inside of the cover plate.
Perce

--
Regards,