Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] michaeld121@hotmail.com is offline

Default Flooded Floor Void

During today's rain my garden flooded (which isn't rare as it's on
clay) and so did the street outside for a while. When we lifted the
hatch to look at the floor void under the ground floor it had a couple
of cms of water in (now gone). This was 3 hours after the rain
finished - so there was probably a fair bit more earlier.

The house is a 90 year old, brick built semi, in south London. The
floor void is about 2 feet high & the bottom appears to be made of
some kind of compacted surface (it's very dusty/sandy). There is
cabling for a ring main in the void as well as CH pipework, but the
electrics seem fine.

Is there anything I should do to help everything dry properly or to
check for damage? Anything that I should do in the longer run (apart
from trying to raise the cabling).

Thanks,

Michael