Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Wire wheel to remove paint from siding

"Eigenvector" wrote in message

"Robert Allison" wrote in message
Eigenvector wrote:
Is it acceptable to remove latex paint from cedar siding
with a wire wheel attachment for a drill?

Yes I am aware there are other methods for doing this,
but I'm just curious about using a wire wheel -
something like this
http://www.hobbytool.com/index.asp?P...ROD&ProdID=392

That's not the one I'm thinking of, but gives you an
idea of what I'm talking about.

Sure, you can use it to remove the paint. Just keep in
mind that it is also going to remove the wood underneath
the paint. If you hold it in one place too long, you can
actually put a hole through your siding, especially
cedar. Cedar is very soft and you will end up with a
VERY uneven surface. You will end up with "distressed
wood" look.

--
Robert Allison Rimshot, Inc.
Georgetown, TX