Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Garage Electrical Install Questions

In article , jJim McLaughlin wrote:
All your questions are answered in your local codes and the NEC.

[...]
Bear in mind, you can only have 7 items per circuit.

Where's that in the NEC?

This is a garage. Garages have a tendency to naturally evolve
into workshops.

You missed something important in the original post -- this part:

First, I'll fill you in on the background a bit. My ranch house used to
have a two car garage built into the basement. I didn't like that
arrangement, so I had a new two car garage built on that end of the
house (where the old "garage" was).

If the OP is going to have a garage evolving into a workshop, it's gonna be
the one that's already inside the house, not the new one he's asking about
wiring.

--
Regards,