Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
william kossack william kossack is offline

Default Some problems with my first vase

mac davis wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 21:19:22 -0600, william kossack
wrote:

I keep a flashlight handy for just that reason.

umm...
To check holes in things before you buy them? roflmao

but I love turning vases with holes in them! For example, I turned a
black wallnut crotch a couple months ago. The top of the vase was at
the crotch. This resulted in some interesting bark inclusions that when
I hollowed broke out leaving bark lined holes in the vase. The outside
of the base has sapwood, bark, and dark heart wood.