Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
CC CC is offline

Default Major kitchen cabinet install gap problem? (w/pics)

"David F. Eisan" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I made the mistake of installing all my cabinets level and true in a
kitchen that is anything but.

Any ideas how to fill the gap? Somehow I don't think caulk and paint is
the answer. Neither is fixing the ceiling an option.

I can see two options , rehang the cabinets lower and put crown molding up
to cover the gap.

Or, cut some filler strips for the cabinet set on the right of the window to
flush the tops with the alcove
ceiling, then put up bead board over the wall above the whole length of the
cabinets, cut so it
fits to level out the bottom line. The side of the cabinets by the window
could have a short thin
piece of trim matching on each side, then a valence across the front of the
window area between the two
sets of cabinets to direct the eye away from that, Probably could use a
piece of crown spanning
between the two sets of cabinets and under the bead board across the wall,
making a flush
line wall to wall. Round over the edge of the bead board on the bottom? or
leave square
Paint it all white, The vertical pattern should visually hide the error.
Chuck