Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
charlieb charlieb is offline

Default Fun & Games with Sapwood

I'm in the home stretch of The Insane Garbage Surround Project
- the boards for the last "module". I'm using mainly quarter sawn
"con heart" redwood - from THE BORG - with some of the boards
also have sapwood. Now why there's sapwood in "heart" boards
would be a mystery - but hey - it's THE BORG.

Anyway, I've got five boards, two with sapwood. A couple of them
have only one "good face" so that simplifies things just a little.
But there's still quite a few flip / rearrange options. Here are
four symetric possibilities. Now these boards will be in a module
to the right of the gate/door shown here (which will also give
you an indication of why this is The Insane Garbage Surround Project
- about 100 mortises per "module")

http://web.hypersurf.com/~charlie2/G...Surround4.html

Here are the four finalists I've got for the last module. Got a
preference, and if so, why?

charlie b

song I heard on Click & Clack this morning

I just got flipped off
by a silver haired old lady
with a Honk If You Love Jesus
on the bumper
of her car

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SapwoodOptions.jpg (70.1 KB, 37 views)