Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Mekon Mekon is offline

Default 2x Desk (2/2)

Mark Johnson explained on 21/06/2007 :
Detail shots. The legs are fixed to the side apron, the front is anchor
bolted to the leg. The top is lag bolted down with slotted holes for
expansion. I filled all the knots in the top and sanded it smooth, but the
knots in the legs are left open (stabilized with gorilla glue).

-MJ

Good job!
I like the finish, the fact it is made from something other than cherry
and the novel design - well done.
And cheaper than Ikea? I'll have to make sure Mrs Mekon doesn't see
that bit. Raising the bar like that could make things difficult!

Mekon