Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
DanG DanG is offline

Default 2x4 Fork Lift

If the tinner's jack will work for you, that's great. Be aware
that the design of the hoist will not allow you to pick up
conventional pallets. I noticed your pallet appears open on the
bottom and would work as long as the legs of the hoist can fit you
pallet design.

There are many brands of these, they are common as duct hoists on
new construction:
BillJax
Genie
Sumner

If you where going to stay wood, how where you thinking to get
enough strength where the forks meet the framework?

Keep the whole world singing . . . .
DanG (remove the sevens)

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message
Robert Allison wrote:

| Have you considered getting a Genie lift? They aren't that
| expensive and if you lay down some plywood you can roll it
| right up to the truck. No need to reinvent the wheel.

http://www.genieindustries.com/ml-series/ml-1-3.asp

I wasn't even aware there was such a thing. I like it - and
bookmarked
it for future reference as a possible (jobsite) installation
tool. I
really like the compact design.

The wheel has already been reinvented, and I'm planning to build
the
wooden loader, which is now a 2x4 and 2x6 pallet lift and should
come
in with a less than $100 materials cost.

Thanks for posting the link!

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar