Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default 2x4 Fork Lift

Patriarch wrote:

| What about using a big, honking, handtruck? Like moving a
| refrigerator?

If I were a big, honkin' guy (or if I were just 20 years younger),
then I'd give it a try. This pallet weighs more than I do, and others
will weigh twice as much as this one. The lift gate is always an
option, but I'd rather give myself a break - both from the lifting and
the lift gate charge.

I played around with the CAD drawing this afternoon to add a bit of
strength in a couple of key places - and came up with a way to adjust
fork spacing. At this point I've become so involved with the design I
think I'd want to try it out even if I found a commercial unit I could
afford. :-)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar