Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Mark Johnson Mark Johnson is offline

Default 2x Desk (2/2)

"Scott Cox" wrote in message
. net...

"Mark Johnson" wrote in message
. ..

"Scott Cox" wrote in message
ink.net...
Mark,

Can you provide more details on what I'm seeing here? I can't tell what
they are or what they hold.

That's the nut and washer on the end of an anchor bolt lag-threaded into
the leg. A 1 1/4" pocket drilled into (not through) the back of the
front
apron has enough room to thread the washer and nut on the machine thread
end. There's also a 1/2" tenon on the end of the board, dry fit into a
mortise on the leg.

-MJ

Thanks Mark.

I'm still trying to figure out the different ways that aprons are
attached.
This is my first time seeing this. Can I assume these are centered inside
the tenon and the lag bolt is set into the bottom of the mortise?

Scott

That's right. Here are some shots of my workbench, using carriage bolts
instead of the lag threaded anchor bolts. I didn't take any pics of the
desk during assembly, but this should get the point accross. HTH

-MJ

Attached Thumbnails
2x Desk  (2/2)-02-jpg  2x Desk  (2/2)-03-jpg