Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Scott Cox Scott Cox is offline

Default 2x Desk (2/2)

"Mark Johnson" wrote in message
. ..

"Scott Cox" wrote in message
ink.net...
Mark,

Can you provide more details on what I'm seeing here? I can't tell what
they are or what they hold.

That's the nut and washer on the end of an anchor bolt lag-threaded into
the leg. A 1 1/4" pocket drilled into (not through) the back of the front
apron has enough room to thread the washer and nut on the machine thread
end. There's also a 1/2" tenon on the end of the board, dry fit into a
mortise on the leg.

-MJ

Thanks Mark.

I'm still trying to figure out the different ways that aprons are attached.
This is my first time seeing this. Can I assume these are centered inside
the tenon and the lag bolt is set into the bottom of the mortise?

Scott