Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Tom Del Rosso Tom Del Rosso is offline

Default Basics of kitchen counter

"Chris Friesen" wrote in message

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
Here is a rough diagram of the cross-section as I envision it. The
back needs to overhang a 1.5" bulge in the wall.

Maybe the structure could be improved. I appreciate any input.

Would work, but could be simpler.

I'd go with a large top box and a smaller bottom box. Same amount of
work overall, but it gives a bit more support for the front. Probably
no need for the diagonal--just screw the box to the wall and the
floor.

Thanks a lot. The bottom box will be on the other axis then, so it will be
open on top and bottom for stability.

But without moving the range I don't see how I can get access to screw it to
the wall, so the diagonal might be necessary in the top box.

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.