Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Mission Sideboard - experimental prototype

"Swingman" wrote in message

Thanks ... While I like the look that was achieved despite the inherent
limitations vis a vis design elements like top and bottom side rails, I
would prefer to be more comfortable about the "time tested" nature of this
method versus more traditional methods ... that despite the very reason I
embarked upon it was that these wide pieces don't seem to historically do
well in that department.

You know, that is an interesting thought.

It makes you wonder if the present day antique is here because it passed the
"time test". And how many peices of junk were built that did not last very
long? And how many "rare" antiques were just an anomaly in terms of
survival?

I know ... kinda hard to reconcile, but I can't help it. I guess the
upshot
is that I'm still casting about for a solution to a problem that wouldn't
pop up until way past the time I would have the ability to worry about it.

Ahhhhh....., the legacy thing. You want to build things that will last
forever! Because wood, joinery and finishes far outlast our fragile human
bodies.