Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default New hammer

Dave Balderstone wrote:
| In article , Mark &
| Juanita wrote:
|
|| On Tue, 29 May 2007 15:15:30 -0500, "greg"
|| wrote:
||| I bet the batteries last along time.
|| How does one know when the batteries are wearing down? Is there
|| a low-battery indicator?
|
| You start hitting your thumb...

Hey! I just noticed that if you remove one of the batteries it
functions as a dead-blow hammer.

The instructions say that to recharge the batteries, you unscrew the
cap at the bottom of the handle, remove the batteries and reinsert
them backward, then pull a minimum of four dozen annular 10d nails
from 10-year old pallets. The claws are monolithic piezo crystals and
produce a surge of power when the nail is pulled. When that's been
done, you just unreverse the batteries and you're good to go again.

They do caution that striking anything with the claws may cause a
malfunction.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar