Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Slightly OT... The new project - MVC03320.jpg (0/1)

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

I had a 5HP of the same vintage.

Same here ... used it as a teenager in the late 50's on my "duck hunting
rig" for Gulf tidal marshes, mounted on a two level transom on the homemade,
11' flat bottom Jon boat that Dad and I made out of marine plywood and then
fiberglassed ... high tech for the time.

I don't believe that I ever gave that Johnson 5hp a pull that it didn't
start.

It was a great motor to trust a solitary teenager to, in an area where the
water often disappeared when a Norther coincided with a low tide and you had
to wait until the next tide to get back in,

They'd call out the CG if that happened today.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 2/20/07