Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
RonB RonB is offline

Default Question about Presure Treated Timber....

Just what I thought when I saw this post last evening. You were going to
get about as many opinions as posts.

What is right? I dunno for sure. I built a fence last year and checked
out a couple of books and several web sites. Consensus seemed to be to
fill the holes with concrete to a level of 1" or so above grade and taper
the surface from the post to allow water to run off.

RonB

Having said this, some construction pros will tell you to put the post in
the hole, dump a bag or so if Quickcrete in to stabilize it and add a little
water (some don't even add water - that's natures job.). That makes me
nervous and doesn't start to fill the hole with concrete.

RonB