Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Question about Presure Treated Timber....

"Doug Winterburn" wrote in message

From the OP's post, he's setting support posts for some structure and

isn't worried about any horizontal leaning problems, just solid vertical
support. I'd guess he's building a deck attached to a house? In this
case, I'd use the iron saddle brackets with the iron support rod set in
a concrete footing, making sure the concrete drains away from the
support rod. The post is bolted in the saddle bracket and if PT, will
last longer than most of us geezers.

- Doug

I looked at that 2 times and missed the fact that the post would be held
down by weight. Nevermind. ;~)