Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Live Oak chaulking mallet for Leon....

Leon wrote:

That's a cool handle Kevin,.. Down in Houston I'd say that 50% of the oaks
are Live Oaks and do not fall in the category that you mention concerning
being cleared or blown down. Down here they come in a wide variety and most
are very nice trees.

Rice University campus and the streets surrounding the campus are almost
entirely shaded year round by some pretty old Live Oaks.

They handles were traditional Cherry, how am I to argue with
tradition....beside as you say it looks great.

It turns out the cherry had good shock absorbing qualities.