Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default Live Oak chaulking mallet for Leon....

In article ,
Kevin wrote:

I'm presently looking for a new supply.
Since Live Oak has virtually no commercial value it's not readily
available. It comes mostly from trees that are either blown down or
taken down to clear land.

Perhaps some of your customers? I seem to recall mystic seaport (museum
that builds/maintains a lot of wooden boats/ships) dispatching crews to
recover live oak when storms went through areas where it's a common
tree. I believe that they were looking for it for frame parts, so they
probably produce cutoff chunks when they put it to use.