Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Live Oak chaulking mallet for Leon....

"Kevin" wrote in message
This is the tool I make out of Live Oak for boat builders.
Note the knarly grain. That’s why I thought the bowl was Live Oak.
I used to get the wood from a lumber yard in Florida that milled it for
dunnage but they are no longer in business.
I'm presently looking for a new supply.
Since Live Oak has virtually no commercial value it's not readily
available. It comes mostly from trees that are either blown down or
taken down to clear land.

That looks like a serious mallet. Any chance you could treat us to some
pictures that actually shows this thing in use? Good on ya for making a
tool that must be hard to find.