Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
10x 10x is offline

Default HELP! Polyeurethane over waterbase clear?????????

Kate wrote:

Doesn't the creamer make the Polyacrylic milky then, even less than it is to
begin with?

Hello Kate,

Actually, the one ounce to one quart of finish ratio doesn't seem to
have any visible effect. At least to my eye. The finish also seem to
dry its normal clear and hard; either glossy or satin depending on the
variety.

What works best for me is to buy the finish by the gallon and pour
about 16 oz. into a lidded plastic container. I then add the 1/2 ounce
container of half & half and stir it in. I drop in a 2" foam brush and
put the lid on. Now it sits on the shelf ready for use any time I need
it. Pop of the lid, retrieve the brush, and apply finish.

Joe