Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Ray Ray is offline

Default HELP! Polyeurethane over waterbase clear?????????

I have built a couple of small sized 10-drawer chests. 18"W X 18"H X 10"D
I decided to use the Minwax Polyacrylic finish on it. I have tried my best
to coat the tops without leaving brushmarks.

I bought the best water-base brush I could find, and I have tried at least 6
coats and still have not been able to coat it without leaving these marks.
I have even gone against the advice on the can, and thinned it out, for a
couple of trials. Nothing seems to work. I now have them sanded smooth
again with 400 grit. I don't seem to have this problem with Polyeurethane,
but I am afraid to coat over the water base clear with the polyurethane now.

Does anyone know if the polyurethane can safely be used over the water based
clear coat. Thanks, Ray