Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Bigpole Bigpole is offline

Default table refinished (0/1) (0/1)

Yep I was right. Very nice work.
Ted
"BumHead" wrote in message
This is what I started with.
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:21:50 -0400, "Bigpole" wrote:

Very nice work. Could you post a before picture?
Ted
"BumHead" wrote in message
. ..
Finally done repairing and refinishing a table passed down to my wife
from her grandmother. Took almost a year. Supposedly it is over 100
years old and was in bad shape.
All oak. Top pieces tongue and grove held together with probably
animinal hide glue. It was coming apart and the old dried glue was
hard as rocks......and nothing I could find would remove or soften it.
Had to carefully sand it off. Top skirt cracked in several places,
and a lot of work needed on the legs.
Stripped, sanded, repaired, and stained with a custom mixed color
my wife wanted. Two coats of oil based poly, four coats on the top.
Got a lot of help from the net, this group, books, other
woodworking friends. Thank you all.
Came out better than I expected, and most important my wife is
happy.