Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Mekon Mekon is offline

Default The Set of Absent Friends

Mark & Juanita presented the following explanation :
On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 04:53:20 GMT, Mekon
wrote:

This is the best set i have ever built and even more complex than the
Caravan set ("Caravan" is UK and AUS for "Trailer")
The French doors were donated by a local joinery and the wall sections
(In the theatre called "Flats") were mostly new for this show, I
calculated that their predecessors had at least sixty coats of paint!
I am quite pleased with the railings, they were made from donated scrap
pine and wall framing studs.

May have said this before, but until you started posting and commenting
on the sets you build, I had never realized how much work goes into
building sets for theatre.

There is, but when the curtain opens (which it will do in about an hour
and a half) and about a hundred people do a collective gasp, it gets
worth it quickly.

Mekon