Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Mark Johnson Mark Johnson is offline

Default Wood gloat and question

I picked up about 200 bf of silver maple from a local guy who's moving and
was looking to dump it for beer money. He had it milled a few years ago,
and it's had plenty of time to dry. All cut from the same tree, mostly 1x
8" to 12" widths.

Some areas have a bit of spalting, and some look like there may have been
mold on it at some point during drying, but there is nothing actaully
growing on it AFAICT. Is there something I should do to clean this stuff up
before use? Is there a risk of spreading spores all over my
shop/house/lungs? I've read about wiping things down with a light bleach,
but thought I'd ask here.

And gloat... Gloat.

-MJ

Attached Thumbnails
Wood gloat and question-img_1181-jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1179.jpg (47.0 KB, 49 views)