Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Charlie M. 1958 Charlie M. 1958 is offline

Default Name that joint - Thanks!

Morris Dovey wrote:
Thanks to all who responded. I've been building boxes using these
joints and hadn't a clue what they were called.

Double thanks to Swingman for the book ref - I'll see if the book is
available through my local library. Time for me to acquire a better
woodworking vocabulary...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

This thread reminds of my old high school and college days when I worked
part-time in the hardware department at Sears. So many tools go by
multiple names that even after six years I was still learning new ones.
Typically, some guy would come in asking for a "doohickey". I'd give him
a puzzled look, and he go wander around till he found what he wanted,
then come back and say "Now this here is a doohickey." It would
invariably be some common tool that I knew by three or four other names.