Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Dan Dan is offline

Default Are these typical saw marks?

On Thu 08 Mar 2007 11:49:09a, "HotRdd" wrote in
:

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if these results are typical?

Everyone has given you some good advice, but I'm going to chime in with my
own two cents. I've got a Grizzly 1022 with a WWII. I haven't checked the
blade-fence alignment for a while but the last several times it was right
on.

On most woods it cuts smooth like glass with no burn. On other woods, it
burns. One batch of maple cut perfect. Another, different batch, always
burned. That batch also squeezed the splitter. I checked both with a
moisture meter and they both read 8 percent.

I don't try to figure it out any more. For some reason some batches of
lumber cut perfectly for me and others, they don't behave. I've learned to
be happy when the wood cuts nice and if it doesn't, send it through the
jointer or handplane it.