Posted to alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

Default Bench is finished

Steve,

The spacing is all even. The idea behind having 4 evenly spaced on the vise
instead of 2, front and back is the flexibility to have whatever I'm
pounding on centered over the legs and not over the vise. Having four holes
allows me to do this without winding the vise all the way in or out each
time. That being said, for planing operations, the front dog on the vise
will be used about 90% of the time to keep the majority of the board on the
bench itself and not on the vise..

Joe C.

And yep, she is a lefty! That oughta keep anyone from borrowing it! LOL!
Having a lefty bench is one of the many reasons I made my own instead of
buying one. I make enough righty tool/lefty woodworker concessions already,
my bench wasn't going to be another one!

"Stephen M" wrote in message
.. .
Dang! she's a lefty.

That is sweet.

I notice you have 4 dog holes in the tail vise. How did you figuew the dog
hole spacing on the bench as it relates to the vise?

-Steve

"Joe" wrote in message
. net...
Finally finished my scandavian style workbench.

Base is white oak with maple drawers
body of bench is hard maple
dog hole strip is white ash
tail vise caps and back board of curly maple
walnut support block in the dog leg vise and
mahogany for the dog leg vise

Going to enjoy working on this instead of that osb on a tubafor frame!

Joe