Steve Lusardi

Default Cleaning up a machine in daily use

Gene,
This is difficult,because the label is in Dutch. I buy this stuff from an
Industrial Supply house in Maasbracht, NL. I know that he gets the stuff
from Switzerland. It is labeled as "Industieontvetter. Vlug.
Millieuvriendelijk . Veilig" My limited Dutch translates that to be a
industrial degreaser that is safe for everything. It is sold by :
G/H Reinigings Techniek
Ankerkade 153
6222 NL Maastricht
Tel +31 43 3634289
Import/Export Groothandel
If you like, I can do some investigation to find out if it is imported to
the States and under what brand name it is sold. Contact me directly if you
are interested. I can assure you that I have never found anything like this
before. I recently picked up an 18 x 54 Lodge and Shiply lathe and it was
covered in this oil coolant varnish. It was very thick in many places.
Nothing budged it until I used this stuff. I used something less than a 1/2
gallon and the original grey paint appeared with the original gloss.
Steve

"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 21:21:52 +0200, "Steve Lusardi"
wrote:

I have read all this thread with interest and no one has talked about any
environmental issues. Solvents, all of them, create a disposal issue that
can be very expensive and criminal when not observed. This is especially
true in Europe. Additionally, solvent fumes can also be a problem, both

as a
fire hazard as well as a health risk. I have found a solution which works
very well for me. I buy an industrial strength cleaner, similar to the

old
"409", but a hundred times stronger. It is used to clean large truck
taupalins and cargo covers. It is only available by the barrel. I put it

in
a spray bottle and use a chip brush with shortened bristles, scrub in
circles and wipe away with a paper towel. This does not harm any paint

that
I have encountered. It will easily dissolve 30 year old dry oil varnish,
something that most solvents won't even budge. Once done properly, I
directly spray a paper towel and wipe down the machines once a week very
quickly. No muss, no fuss!
Steve

Any clue what this miracle stuff is? Trade names? International
availability?