Posted to alt.home.repair
Edward Edward is offline

Default Installing Some Fluorescent Strip Lights?

On Jul 18, 12:38 am, "Bob M." wrote:
"Edward" wrote in message

ups.com...

Basically I have a basement area / workroom. Two regular edison light
bulb slots.
I would like to replace them with three Fluorescent strips like this
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ductId=163719-...

Item #: 163719 Model: SS232UNVEB81
from Lowes.
So my question is How do I get power to the center one?
Just buy X amount of cable, hard wite those babies where the bulb
sockets are now, and just cap it off from where I connect the
fixture's lights to the house power?
Parallel?

Or can't I do that with Fluorescents?

Yep, can be done. Three lights in parallel. Essentially the flourescents
are wired up just like the existing lights. There won't be any need to "cap
it off" at the end of the line, since those power wires will be connected to
the flourescent light. (if "cap it off" means cut the wire & put wire nuts
on it, connecting to nothing)

No, what imeant was, twist two wires, put a cap on it, electrical
tapeon there, and stick it on a junction box if its outside the
fixture. Which might not be needed actually.
I look at the four footersand they put off enough light at work for
the whole area; this room is smaller but doesn't have as many bright
walls.
So I'll start off with two, and if I need more I'll cross that bridge
when I get there... As Ted Kennedy used to say.
I won't do this for a while, hence the otherperson in the other thread
is somewhat overreacting. I want to get all the info before I start
tripping breakers and cutting wires.