Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
clifto clifto is offline

Default HDD 'died' cyclic redundancy error

Spurious Response wrote:
wrote:
Well, even IBM had SOME standards. They ran their hard drive
division into the toilet,

Bull****. Maybe from a sales POV. IBM is (was) at the pinnacle of HD
storage technology. They were the leaders which WD and Seagate followed.

Points to them for inventing Winchester technology. That said, their
so-called fix for the Deathstar drives didn't work. I got hold of one
early, lightly used and long before its first click of death. I applied
the fix and sent it home. The friend brought it back inside of a year,
clicking away, and though we managed to salvage a little data, most of it
went the way of the Deathstar.

--
"Justice Thomas pointed out that the Constitution does not waive the rights
of the individual because an elite has decided its motives are pure."