Ted Edwards

Default Cleaning up a machine in daily use

Harold & Susan Vordos wrote:

DO NOT USE ANY WATER BASED CLEANERS! You don't really want the problems
they have the potential to provide.

I would agree with the "WATER BASED CLEANERS" but I have used Kool-Mist
cutting fluid/coolant diluted 1:5 with water on my Smithy since I got it
in ~'92. I apply it with a *large* hypodermic with a blunted needle.
When I get an unpleasant accumulation of gunge on/around the machine, I
clean it up with a rag dampened with the same stuff. It seems to be an
excellent solvent for itself, there is no danger from fumes and it has a
very effective corosion inhibitor - nary a rust spot anywhere on or
around my machines. Oh, and cheap like borscht - I'm still working on
the gallon of concentrate I bought with the machine.

Ted