Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Tarmac on a driveway

On 2007-07-19 19:52:39 +0100, "Sam Farrell" said:

Thanks Andy from what you say it looks as if I can coat it in tarmac. Its
an old bungalow and several around have tarmac drives which look ok so I
might run with that. I'm not too worried about time scales, I'm a pensioner
now and so long as it sees me of the planet then that will do.

Any idea how much per sq metre were talking about ?

Sam Farrell

OK. It's helpful to know what the more complete story is.

Given what you have and the time available, I would ask several
contractors to come and quote and then compare. Ask them for a spec.
of what exactly they will use. That's a good way to separate the
cowboys from those who know what they are doing and are prepared to
sign up for a proper job.

It's certainly unwise to fall for the wiles of people who come along
with a load of tarmac because of a motorway job, and so on.

The Paving Expert site is very helpful and woth spending time going
through. There are price ranges You can post questions in the forum
and should get a range of responses from various people including
professional contractors.
I didn't find anything in what I was looking for that was factually
incorrect, but there were places where there was more information
available elsewhere. There are a range of prices, but it is quite
influenced by location, season, workload etc.