Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan_Musicant Dan_Musicant is offline

Default Dog problem

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:02:08 -0400, "Don Phillipson"
wrote:

:Unburied dog poop has presumably been accumulating
:for the last seven years or more. What changed so that
nly now do you want to do something about it ?
:
:--
on Phillipson
:Carlsbad Springs
Ottawa, Canada)

Nothing has changed. It just happens to be summer and the problem is at
its worst. A bit like A/C. You think to yourself, I should have it when
there's a heatwave. What do you imagine has changed? Well, I only
sounded my dog-owning friend out about it fairly recently, and on top of
that, the weather is warmer and the smell particularly noticeably in my
back yard in general, instead of only when I'm within 10 feet or so of
the back fence (where I don't hang out nearly as much).

The flies noted by other posters is an interesting concern. I try to
always keep my doors closed because it seems that certain times of year
if I leave them open for even 1/2 a minute, I get flies in the house. It
hadn't occurred to me that the dog poop would be part of the reason for
this. I imagine it actually is.

Dan