Posted to alt.home.repair
No Name

Default 2-Ton Mini Split System?

"yourname" wrote in message
news:rWLni.6512$225.362@trndny03...
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Same guy probably walks into a diner with two refrigerated eggs
in one hand, and four strips of uncooked bacon in the other.....
and asks.....

Funny, don't see the owner of my local diner WHINING about me buying
bacon and eggs at the store

God, not that you are personally a major culprit here, but this crap is
almost exclusive to the HVAC guys.

A guy is asking a question about mini splits and he has to get the buy
it from the AC contractor BS.

First, if the local AC guys had a decent supply chain, instead of buying
whatever the local warehouse carries at whatever price their lousy
supply chain charges, then this wouldn't be a problem. Add to that the
you have to pay a deposit up front for the honor of paying a high
markup. I mean, its not even that they are making that much damn money,
but they are effectively paying retail, then marking it up.

You then have the honor of watching his 10 dollar an hour apprentice lay
into your home with a sawzall and a framing hammer.

My builder had no problem building my house charging materials to my
account at my lumberyard

My electrician installed all my fancy dancy light fixtures without a peep

My plumber took my money and smiled when he plumbed my bathrooms and
installed my fixtures

Should you install some yard sale equipment for cheap and listen to
complaints that it doesn't work? Hell no. Should you complain about the
money you will get paid to install name brand equipment at your full
shop rate, knowing full well you will get paid again if something goes
wrong? That would be up to you.

Again, nothing personal, but at some point it just gets unseemly when
people protect their profit margin at the expense of the customer

It also gets tiring listening to people bitch about paying "full shop rate".
Maybe, just maybe, if they would remove their heads from their asses, they
could realize that it's not the same as working in a factory and taking home
a 'paycheck'.