Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Joel Kolstad Joel Kolstad is offline

Default HDD 'died' cyclic redundancy error

"Eeyore" wrote in message
Is there a trial version ? It's $89 to buy.

No, but they'll gladly refund your purchase price if it doesn't work for you.
This happened to me... I had a partially-dead hard drive, and after trying
various options, bought a copy of SpinRite. It couldn't do any better, so I
e-mailed them and they did immediately credit the purchase back to my Visa.

Steve Gibson (the author) has been around forever, and while he's definitely
something of a character, he is completely honest.