Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
martin griffith martin griffith is offline

Default HDD 'died' cyclic redundancy error

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 03:02:40 +0100, in sci.electronics.design Eeyore
wrote:

snip
I'm keen to explore Linux but my results to date haven't been very promising. It seems
to me that the much-touted 'live' CDs require a fairly modern PC to run. The trouble
is that they give no indication of whether or not the PC can support it or not.

I will keep trying though. I have another 'box' in mind.

here is another box
http://www.boredstop.com/index.php?o...34&Item id=34

martin