Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default How to make make a 12-foot piece of ply?

In article , Patriarch wrote:
Phisherman wrote in
:

I need a 12-foot by 8.5" piece of 3/8" ply. The box stores only carry
8-foot ply stock. Already I have a 4x8' sheet of 3/8" ply. Is it
possible to make a 12-foot piece? I have most common tools.

Strange. The plywood dealer I use has 12' stock. Maybe not in rift-sawn
Appalachian Cherry veneer, but in a number of very useful grades and types.

Check with another dealer, one who sells to a lot of cabinet chops. Maybe
you'll have better luck.

Or check with local cabinet shops -- since he only needs an 8.5-inch strip,
it's barely possible there might be an offcut available. Doesn't seem real
practical to buy an entire 12' sheet for one strip.

--
Regards,