Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How can I remove washing machine agitator?

Sometimes the top center has a thread off cap that reveals a
couple screws. Other times the entire agiator just pulls straight
up.

Kenmore (sears) is very good about parts diagrams and parts lists
on the net. I'd suggest check the Sears web site for a parts
diagram, that might have more information.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Baylynx" wrote in message
oups.com...
: I have an very old Kenmore top loader which after 20+ years
still does
: a great job. Over the years I've personally replaced the
automatic
: timer and the pump when they failed. However, lately I've
noticed
: large oil stains on my clothes after they have been washed.
The
: stains are not black and aren't noticeable until the garments
are
: dry. The oily stains are most conspicuous on dark colors.
Other
: posters in this forum have reported that, upon removal of the
agitator
: assembly, they found an oily goop on the agitator shaft .
Cleaning
: this gunk off the shaft seems to have resolved the greasy stain
: problem.
:
: Can someone please provide instructions on how to remove the
agitator
: from this machine. Do I need any special tools? Thank you.
: