Posted to alt.home.repair
Ray K Ray K is offline

Default Paint sprayer recommendations

Bob M. wrote:

"Ray K" wrote in message
My needs are modest: paint one side (and four edges) of 11 decorative,
louvered, window shutters. With the burgundy red color I'll be using,
there is already a warning that I may have to apply two coats. If the
sprayer requires further thinning of the latex paint, I may have to
apply three coats.

With a brush, each shutter takes 25 minutes to apply one coat. So even
if I don't have to apply a second coat, it's a 5+ hour job.

Thanks,

Ray

Paint sprayers are perfect for this kind of job. HOwever, if it's the
only time you'll use one, go to the local rental shop & see if they have
one you can use for the weekend.

you will almost certainly be thinning the paint.

Bob,

The local rental place - generally a comprehensive place - offered
nothing for this type of project.

Ray