Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default HDD 'died' cyclic redundancy error

Franc Zabkar wrote:

"Michael Kennedy" put finger to keyboard and composed:
"Clint Sharp" wrote
Franc Zabkar writes:

I don't use Windows XP, but I know that its command interpreter is
actually cmd.exe.
Umm, actually, XP has command.com as well.

Oddly cmd.exe and command.com behave slightly differently under xp, but they
both do the same thing.

All the references I can find say that one should use cmd.exe wherever
possible and that command.com should be used only for DOS apps that
have trouble running under XP. One major difference appears to be that
the latter doesn't support long file names. Another is that XP batch
language is much more powerful than that afforded by command.com. In
any case, cmd.exe is XP's native CLI, and command.com is for Win9x and
DOS.

Maybe so but I've always used command.com and it works just fine.

Graham