Posted to uk.d-i-y
NoSpam NoSpam is offline

Default What *pocket' digi-cam do you carry ..?

Stuart Noble wrote:
T i m wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:19:28 GMT, Stuart Noble
wrote:

They all take good pictures in ideal conditions.

Well I've seen some pretty dire results from what looked like it
should be a good camera but that wasn't recently.

IMO the ability to slip it in your pocket is the main thing, and that
is very different to slipping it in your handbag.

Agreed.

I don't like small, chunky cameras but rather flat (pocket shaped) ones.

Understood. I think one of the restrictions to this though might be
the ability to get a good / reliable zoom in such a thin package. Make
it a few mm thicker and this becomes easier but at the risk of
becoming 'chunky'.

Hence my earlier suggestion of the Minolta X series with a x3 zoom that
operates internally

The XG looks good but it's a shame that it takes a special battery - a
pain when travelling. Is there anything with similar size/features that
will accept standard batteries?