Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Unsticking Velcro

In article ,
S Viemeister wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Timothy Murphy wrote:

I have a large but light (5kg) mirror with a wooden frame
which I'm intending to attach to a tiled wall in the bathroom.
using Velcro heavy duty tape.

I'm just wondering - if at some point I want to remove the tape,
will that be reasonably easy?
Is there any chemical one can use for this purpose?

Any suggestions or advice gratefully received.

Usually not a problem - velcro is mostly stronger than the glue.

The problem for me, is that the velcro comes away, but much of the glue
remains.

Yup. But if it's on tiles should be easier than some surfaces to remove
from. Evostick solvent works for most rubber based glues.

--
*Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.