Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default What *pocket' digi-cam do you carry ..?

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:34:01 GMT, Stuart Noble
wrote:

My current camera (Fuji F420 / 3.1Mp) is:
77 x 69 x 26.4 mm
(but suffers from poor battery life)

The XT is the same design IIRC, but both are so similar to your existing
camera that I might try a new battery instead. I guess it's the zoom
that takes the power?

It may be Stuart but basically I think it's just trying to do too much
on too small a battery. ;-(

The F420 is quite clever in that it can take a NH-20 'special' (700mA)
battery which is actually no more than 2 x AAA NiMH cells fixed
together with a special moulding which interacts with the camera,
telling it it's own rechargeable battery is onboard. Or it can take 2
x AAA std alkaline cells (or other rechargeable's).

When docked it will charge the 'special' pack but not 'loose'
rechargeable's (as they could equally be primary cells).

I might try duplicating the NH-20 pack with some 1000mA NiMH cells but
there is also the issue of them being discharged between uses (camera
clock maybe)?

All the best ..

T i m