Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles John Stumbles is offline

Default Converting to Condensing Combi? Which boiler?

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 05:34:00 +0100, DIY wrote:

I have just had a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i Junior condensing combi
fitted to replace a knackered Baxi gas-fired back boiler. It meets your
criteria 1) and 2) but it isn't cheap.

About £700 inc VAT and standard flue on the boiler scheme. Not cheap
compared to Cravenheat and Biarsi but for pukka kits it's not bad.

I think glowworm still have a cashback offer which gets you one of their
new combis for about £400, which is seriously tempting if Glowworm
havene't gone Potty.

I don't see how you can have a
very efficient and reliable boiler that is also cheap!

pick any 2 out of 3 :-)

--
John Stumbles

Time flies like an arrow